Saturday, June 3, 2017

Celebrating 7 Years

7 Years ago I married the most handsome loving man I have ever met who has spent everyday since making me feel like a very lucky girl! Last year we were in California for our anniversary waiting for me to give birth to my sweet surro baby. 
While we were there we decided to spend the per-diem we were making on a trip to celebrate us! 
A year after picking out the cruise we boarded a plane to head off on our adventure!

Definitely feeling like I fit in the plane better this year ;)

Goodbye Idaho 
During the trip we would send Jenna updates on Snapchat of where our plane
 was from the seat headrest trackers.
Once we landed in Miami we headed to our hotel 
 Then took a walk to the beach, and found a fun outdoor sushi restaurant on the beach for dinner.

 That night we ordered in snacks and watched old movies in bed
Monday morning after breakfast we headed to our home for the next 4 days.
We were some of the 1st people on the ship, so we got to explore in peace.
Then we laid by the pool and watched the band
After lunch our room was ready! We had a fun view! 
For our 1st cruise we were not sure how to pick the best room, but we did it! 
We loved the location our room had from everything!
After unpacking we went to the Solarium (The adults only pool area)
Seeing Monday was our Anniversary we had reservations on Chef's Table.
It was one of the best experiences with some of the most delicious food we have ever had!

They went all out for our Anniversary with singing and specials desserts

 After dinner we stopped by the theater to watch some of a show
Then we walked around the boat some more 

My favorite place on the boat was the R bar. There was always live music playing, 
and comfy couches to relax on
What is more sexy than my man going to get me grilled cheese before bed? 
Umm Nothing!
Tuesday we found the joy of breakfast on a cruise ship... They bring it to you in bed!!!
 Then we took a walk around the ship while we docked in the Bahamas! 
Our 1st stop was Nassau 

We did some exploring and shopping around the cute (very pink) little town.
After lunch we met up with some others from our ship to have some fun with Stuart Cove
 The boat took us to Hollywood Bowl next to the island that multiple movies were filmed at including Splash and Pirates of the Caribbean!


Once there we went in Mini Submarines


It really was as awesome as it looks!


After we were done we got to swim around and do some snorkeling


Then did some relaxing on the boat 
 
I love that I enjoyed even the drive back to the ship, 
because I can always have fun with this man!

Tuesday Night was Formal Night on the boat!
We enjoyed dinner during sunset, so we could see the Nassau lighthouse as we left
Then we went to see the Captain's show in the R Bar

Then we went to the theater to watch the newly wed game!
So funny to watch, so glad we didn't play in front of people,
 but also glad we knew most all of the answers each other said.
 Wednesday morning we had an early breakfast in bed,
 so we could be on the 1st boat off the ship in Coco Cay


Coco Cay is Royal Caribbean's private island.
Our excursion for the day was a limo ride to a private beach with a private beach bed for the day!!
 It was my very favorite day!
A year ago I took this picture on the beach 2 days before my due date
The beach is more fun when you don't waddle ;)
Especially when you are alone with your man!
We did some hiking and exploring before the sun was too hot! 
It was so nice. We only saw like 2 other couples out there.

Then we headed back for lunch which delivered to us, and a nap on our beach bed
Then we went swimming and relaxed some more on our floating beach mats

If you ever have a chance to spend the day on a beach bed...do it!!

When we got back on the boat we went to our 1st Champagne and Art Auction!
We were surprised with how much we enjoyed it. Especially when winning a guess how much the art is worth game! The prize was Art from my very favorite artist Thomas Kinkade!!!
For dinner we went to anotherspecialty restaurant Chops where they celebrated our anniversary for the 3rd night :)

That night we went to the best musical show I think we have ever seen. 
It was so great!
On a side note! With all of the fun we had one of the other fabulous things about our trip was our room attendant. He was always cleaning up after us without us knowing it like a ninja cleaning fairy! He would bring us anything we needed, and left lots of surprises in our room. 
I asked if he wanted to come home with us... he is on contract with the ship :(
We would leave him tips in fun places like the monkey he made in our room
On Thursday we were back in the states docked at the beautiful island of Key West
 ;/
This statue made me happier than it probably should have! 
Since we stole their move for our wedding pictures it felt very romantic as part of our anniversary trip!
After some touring of the island met up back at the boat for some fun
 a little boat ride
to go parasailing!

Super exciting and surprisingly relaxing to be a human kite ;)
Then we did some shopping, and had to try chocolate dipped Key Lime Pie!!
AMAZING!
 There are chickens all over Key West! Like everywhere!
On Thursday morning Michael gave me the incredible gift of understanding me!
Through the whole trip and all of it's obvious enjoyment I was missing my babies more than I expected, but when we found out as we got cell service back as we docked in Key West that James was not feeling good my missing turned up a notch or 10...
Without hesitation or me asking Mike got on the phone with delta to move our flights from Saturday to Friday, canceled our hotel for Friday night, and set up our change in transportation.
The amount that he cares about me and our kids, and supports me as their mother is always amazing! But for him to give up a day of vacation just because I wanted to hold my runny nosed toddler... You guys I picked a really good man! 
That afternoon we got back on the ship for some more art auction fun, and more art winning!!!
God blessed our fun with even more art for our home!
To avoid customs trying to take it off the ship they are sending it to our house!
 I can not wait to show everyone my beauties!
 That evening we enjoyed dinner at My Fair Lady
 A fun fact about Cruise ships... you can order as many appetizers (and other courses) as you want, because all the food is already paid for in your ticket price :)

Again with some anniversary singing and cake!
That evening was disco night on the ship which meant there was dancing seriously EVERWHERE!
It was a fun last night even for those of us that don't disco ;)
Friday was our last morning on the ship, so we went out for breakfast for the 1st time. Then headed to the top deck to watch as we docked in Miami. 
And we we found funny that all of our plans for Friday if we stayed would have been ruined seeing there was a giant storm that hit as we got to the airport!
We FaceTimed our baby then my wonderful man cuddled up with me to watch movies on our flight(s) home!
I truly wouldn't change a thing about this last week or the last 7 years, because life is better with you Michael James!




No comments:

Post a Comment