Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hospital Bags

Packing a hospital bag is one of those things that you start doing as you enter your last trimester hoping to finish by the time baby is born. I wasn't finished when I had Jenna at 35 weeks, so this time I was ready way too early :) I did a lot of looking around on Pinterest of what others packed and found a lot of good ideas, and a lot of overdoing it. I tried to fit somewhere in the middle though I tend to prefer being over prepared than under. I know there will be things I don't end up needing and something that I will forget, but I am positive this will end up being such a wonderful experience and I wont mind one bit. 


Sibling Bags
To start a made hospital bags for Thing 1 and Thing 2. Seeing I don't know what time of day this will all take place I want to have a plan for them to be entertained if they end up spending time in a waiting room. I also wanted them to have something special to remember the day, and stuff to do for the days after while we are in the hospital and they are staying with family. 

Each bag has:
-A change of clothes
-Money for food with a note from dad
-A water bottle
-A new chapter book to read
-New crayons and colored pencils
-A work/coloring book
-Card games
-Snacks
-A Bib decorating kit to make a gift for their new brother
-A photo book made by mom of their baby pictures until now, so they can see how much they have grown!
-A letter from mom telling them how awesome they will be at being a big brother/sister!

Baby's Bag
Next is Thing 3's stuff, and for being so small he sure needs a lot :)


We are bringing:
- His Carseat and base
- Grey Chevron Carseat cover
- A Whale Program Kit (We have a little Emergency) to fill out and put on his carseat before we leave the hospital. If you don't have this on your car seat no matter your child's age please see the link, and get one they are free through the Idaho Transportation Dept. 
- A small travel bag for any special things I want to save from the hospital like our id arm bands etc. 
-Our Medela Breast Pump Metro Bag 
-His Boppy Pillow for nursing and being held by brother and sister
-His denim Thirty-one Diaper Bag (Cindy tote) with clothes for baby to wear home, a nursing cover, swaddle blankets, the soap we want him to use in the hospital, pacifiers, socks, and burp cloths.

Mom's Bag
I have 3 bags actually, but thanks to Thirty-one they all fit into one large utility tote I just put them all into one. 
My Bags:
1. My Labor Bag
-A copy of our birth plan (though mine is not very detailed... I had no plan at all when having Jenna, and it was a perfect experience. So I don't feel like over planning is necessary with something woman do so naturally. There are things that I specifically don't want like vacuuming my baby's head and things I want for sure like Delayed Cord Clamping...but I have already told my midwife and she does it that way anyways. I feel like it is setting me up for disappointment to have things too planned out, and making it so that I don't have the flexibility to change my mind depending on how I am feeling. Mike and I sat down and talked about what we want and what makes me comfortable, so that he can advocate for me and help me to stay with my ideals. If outside of perfect scenarios come up then we put in our birth plan we want everyone to leave the room, so we can decide together what comes next) 
-My labor gown 

-Robe
-Flip flop
-Slippers
-Comfy socks
-Massage oil and massage tools
-Lotion
-Mikes swimsuit for if I use the Jacuzzi 
- Headphones (Mike made me 2 play lists on his phone for when I am in labor. One of my favorite songs, and one of calming ocean and piano mixes. So that I can choose based on how I am feeling what I want to listen to. We can play them through his I-phone speakers, or headphones depending on what I need)
-A small travel bag 
   -hair ties
   -head band
   -chapstick 
   -gum
   -deodorant 
   -sour candy for nausea 
- My favorite card game
-A Book 
-My favorite tea
-Gluten free crackers 
-Kind and Quest bars for Mike (and me depending on how I am feeling)
-Photo book paper to get baby's footprints 



2. My Cosmetics bag
-travel sizes of 
   -my shampoo and conditioner
   -toothbrush / paste for Mike and I
   -deodorant for Mike and I 
   -make up (knowing that this was coming every time I bought makeup the last year I would do it when Benefit was doing a sale that you got mini sizes of make up with your purchase, so that I could stalk up. Now I don't have to worry if it is not packed when I go into labor while we are not at home)
   -brush
   -face wash cloths 
   -lotion 
-razor
-floss sticks 
-Mikes vitamins 
-My meds / vitamins 
-Pads and panties (I know that the hospital provides them, but I would be way more comfortable in my own, so I got some larger sizes panties that I can throw away later and some Always Overnight pads)

3. Clothing Bag
-Nursing Bras
-Nursing Tank tops from Undercover Mama 
-2 nursing nightgowns that I can wear instead of clothing while at the hospital seeing pants will be less comfortable. (I got dark colored ones, so they don't get ruined during recovery) 
- My favorite sweater 
-Socks
-Maxi Dress that fit great in 2nd Trimester to go home in, so I am comfortable. 
-My phone charger 


Other Stuff 
This is all of our bags packed into one side of our trunk, so no matter where we are we have it. 

Other stuff:
The blue small suit case is Daddy's Bag
-3 Changes of comfortable clothes (we only expect to be there 2 days, but if he is coming from work he won't want to stay in his military uniform the whole time) 
-Comfortable shoes
-slippers
-His phone changer

My comfy blanket and pillow so that I can relax easier 
Mike's Zip up hoodie (we want baby Reece to start his life with skin to skin contact. Ideally that will be with me. but if for some reason like a C-section that can not happen Mike will be in a zip up so baby can snuggle in close with daddy)
-Thank you cards for Dr and staff 
-Wishes for the baby cards for anyone who comes to visit to fill out for his baby book 





No comments:

Post a Comment