Saturday, April 26, 2014

Big Sister and "Her Baby"


Jenna is definitly becoming a big sister, and we are learning the ups and downs even before "her baby" (which is what she has decided we all call baby Reece) is here!
Jenna has always been the baby since she was a baby. It was just me and her up until Mike and I met when she was 2 when she became daddy's girl, and Kade's little sister. She has been the only grandchild living near my family up until last month, so every holiday and get together she is the center of attention. Needless to say the world has revolved around her for 7 years... and she is learning all of a sudden that is changing. Mommy can't carry her everywhere, on Easter the baby got just as many gifts as her, and now we are making plans that include having to think about a new baby.
She has asked a lot about her role in all this, but as much as I feared her not liking the change she seems to be excited for the new responsibility. She likes that she will get to take care of the baby, and like that she will have a sibling that is with her all year around... we will see how she feels when the baby is 4 and following her around lol

Her latest thing is that she is   wanting to know how the baby feels, what the baby wants to eat, and what she can do for the baby. She will get me food in the morning if she gets downstairs before me, reminds me I have to take the baby's vitamins, and will ask what the baby wants for dinner.... I no longer have an opinion ;)
She loves sitting on my lap and cuddling more than she ever have, so that the baby will kick her. And she likes to read the baby bump books, so that "her baby" is smart when born!
She gets so mad if I call the baby he when referring to it ..."if it is a girl she will be so sad mom"! She says she wants a girl, but thinks it's a boy. She hopes it looks like her!
I know that we will go through ups and downs as they get older and she moves into the role of big sister, but I am truly in love with how excited she is too meet "her baby"!
I have been looking for ways to make the birth and days in the hospital extra special for my sweet girl, so any ideas would be much appreciated!

Well we are almost to May which means getting to see daddy, but until then me and his babies are enjoying this bonding time! We have been so well taken care of, and the guys from Mike's shop are my new heroes (Thank you Sean, Jake, Rich, and Jones)!
 I am loving my 2nd trimester and how active baby Reece is!
The Nursery is coming together (pics to come) and Gender Reveal Party invites go out this weekend (thanks to the amazing Jammie)!
Tonight Sara is taking me on a date to get maternity massages... so excited!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment