Tuesday, May 27, 2014

2nd Trimester Must Haves



I honestly cannot believe that it is the end of my 2nd Trimester! 
Here are a few things that have helped me make this amazing time more comfortable.

1. With my ever growing belly, and the discomfort of stretching skin I have fallen head over heels for Bump Oil! It keeps my skin soft and provides immediate relive with my skin gets itchy. I also like their Body scrub and Tummy butter!

2. Reading about babies and pregnancy is something most pregnant woman can’t help doing, but I have honestly had a hard time not reading too much. With all the books warning you of what can go wrong I can get stressed. Then my sister in law gave me Belly Laughs. It is perfect for putting pregnancy worries into perspective, and you can't help but laugh out loud while reading it.

3. Before pregnancy I struggled to get the 40 grams of protein per day I needed, and during pregnancy that number increases to 70 grams of protein daily. That’s a lot of protein to consume! I craved meat so much in my 1st trimester I wasn't worried about it, but I have fallen back into being a snacker and am craving more fruits and veggies during my second trimester. That being said I have found the BEST protein bars in the world! They have tons of flavors, but the Chocolate Chip cookie dough is my all-time favorite. I have it with fruit and yogurt, and it makes for a very happy mommy and baby!

4. Maternity Long Tanks are the best! Sara got me a few to cheer me when I was having a bad day, and I talked about how comfortable they are Mike ordered me 5 different colors for Mother's Day. You can find them at Target, and there is a lot colors to choose from. They have a little bit of spandex in them so they stretch over your growing baby bump, and should last all the way through your pregnancy.

5. I would say the one thing that has been the same about this pregnancy to my last is Heartburn, and it has been the only constant problem I have had in my 2nd Trimester. The best thing my midwife has ever recommended is Zantac. It works so much better than Tums, and lasts all day!

6. Mike surprised me with a Snoggle Pillow in January, but it wasn't until my 2nd Trimester that I fell in love with it! It makes getting comfortable at night (when you are shaped like a Pear with legs) so much easier!!

No comments:

Post a Comment