Sunday, March 23, 2014

Nursery ~ Part 1

Step 1 was to prep the Nursery, so before Mike left he moved Thing 1 and Thing 2's rooms to make the room next to ours the Nursery :) He and my amazing mother in law deep cleaned the room, the walls, the floor boards, closet, and the window! 
Then Mike surprised me by setting up the Crib! 
We picked out our crib in my 1st trimester, and it was our 1st big baby purchase! We mostly bought it right away, because Mikes boss had me make is fantasy football picks for him and when he won he gave me the money for the crib :) 
Thanks again Warren! 
 We knew we wanted a 4 way convertible in solid cherry wood, and after a weekend of shopping fell in love with this one from the comfort of our home computer 
(yay for being Amazon Prime members) 


 Next step was choosing the colors for the Nursery! It was actually when buying a Boppy Pillow that we decided we both really like yellow.  I told Mike he could pick whatever one he wanted as long as it was the minky fabric, and he picked yellow. From there we started looking for yellow color combs that we like, and both loved Grey and yellow most! I never would have thought of grey for a nursery, but now I adore it more than the yellow part! 
This was the 1st small nursery decor that we bought to base the rest of the room off of! 
Our Theme is You Are My Sunshine! 

Next is painting the nursery. This weekend my mom and I went Nursery decor shopping, and looked for colors we liked... we liked a lot! Today Sara and I tested them in the room for what looked best in the lighting with Yellow and Cherry wood, and narrowed it down to a top 2. My mother in law is going to paint for me seeing Mike is gone and we don't want the paint to harm the baby at all. She gets the final say between the last 2 colors, because she is better with things like this than I am :)




 In the mean time I am working on making a mobile, curtains, and my parents are having Jenna's rocking chair redone to match the nursery :) I will post pictures as things get finished! 




No comments:

Post a Comment