Monday, June 16, 2014

Bump Update - 31 Weeks - Midwife Appointment


How far along: 31 weeks today, and my bump is measuring at 33 weeks (which is the closest it has been to the week I am on since they started measuring at 22 weeks) 

Total weight gain/loss: 17.7lbs 

Maternity clothes:  I am definitely preferring dresses to pants more and more due to the heat, so I have added a few to my wardrobe. I went for ones that I thought would be comfortable post baby, and make nursing possible with only 9 weeks left to wear them pregnant! I was actually wearing a dress for this picture, but threw on pants to show off my bump without showing off my panties ;)


Stretch marks: Same as last time. I am itchy more and more these days, so I am practically bathing in lotion, bump gloss, and vitamin E Oil! 


Sleep: Well I have officially hit the "how the heck do I get comfortable" stage of things! Mike has been great about rubbing my back until I fall asleep, so I can relax despite my odd shape! The good part for me is once I do finally fall asleep I am back to being able to sleep in as long as I want! 


Best moment this week: It has been another great few weeks, and a perfect weekend! Mike and I went out just us Friday night for dinner and a show. Then Saturday we spent the day together working on the nursery! It really is fun day dreaming with my man about what our little guy will be like! I'm so blessed to get to go through this with him! 


Sunday we took the kids to lunch at Big Als, to the park, and then to BBQ with family! All to celebrate the amazing father that the man I love is! I honestly can't put in to words how to grateful I am to get to raise my children with such a strong, honest, Christian man who takes such good care of me and all 3 of his babies! Here are some pictures of our fun relaxing day! 






Now for the BEST Part! Today Mike and I went to see my midwife to get the results to my Gestational Diabetes Test that I had Friday, and her words were "your results are PERFECT you can eat all the snow cones that you want"! Praise God, because as much as I know that things would have worked out I really would have struggled with it. Next we got to hear our boys heartbeat (it was 130) which he didn't like at all, so he kicked like crazy until she stopped :) My iron is still low, but everything else is right on track! 


Miss Anything: There are days I miss not having pregnancy swag, heartburn, and leg cramps... Then I am reminded of how much I wanted this, and how much I will miss it when it is over and I get over it pretty quick! 

Movement: I am actually starting to figure out Baby Boy Reece's sleep schedule! He is so stinking strong lately it can be shocking! And if you watch me closely when he is moving you can see through my clothes...which is kind of weird for me not going to lie :)

Food cravings: The iron supplements have actually helped the ice cravings, and there is nothing new that has replaced it...besides getting heartburn from spicy food I may be able to just eat without pregnancy being in control!! That being said, now that I know that I don't have GD I can have all the snow cones I want which makes me a little more happy than it should :) 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing consistently. I do have times that I will get sick to my stomach for no apparent reason. My midwife says with baby pushing on my stomach as he grows this is normal. Thankfully it is nothing unbearable, and goes away on it's own. 

Labor Signs: Everyday! Whenever I do any sudden movements or am really active. 

Belly Button in or out: ... Neither... it's more like flat with the rest of my bump!

Wedding rings on or off? On and fitting great! 

Happy or Moody most of the time: Still a happy girl! I am not going to lie last week I was worried for our baby all week, but felt at peace that things would all work out! I am ecstatic not to have GD!  God is so good to me! 


Looking forward to: Everything! I am at the point where I can see all of my dreams of having a baby with Mike coming true, and I am excited for all that it brings! I can't wait for my baby showers, so I can continue to put together my boy's room! I am excited for Mike and I to start our birth classes! I am excited to have maternity pictures done with my friend and favorite photographer Becky! I am excited for how much closer this is bringing Mike and I and for all that the next 9 weeks holds! And when being in love with this pregnancy isn't enough I have the 2 best kids to love on, and make eat lemons so I can laugh ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment